3 replies to this topic

#1 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

February 19, 2008, Boston, MA ? Luke Wilson, actor and avid golfer, teamed up with PUMA golf star Johan Edfors to create a special edition range of PUMA Golf products for this spring and summer. The announcement was made by Wilson and Edfors at PUMA?s design studio in New York with products scheduled to launch in April and July 2008. To celebrate the special edition collection, Wilson and Edfors co hosted a special golf exhibition on February 19th at Robinson Ranch Golf Club in Santa Clarita, California.

?To work with a brand like PUMA ? that has such innovative and versatile product ? on a golf line that fits my style and personality has been a real pleasure,? said Wilson, who is an eight-handicap and was recently listed as one of the Top 40 Hollywood golfers by Golf Digest. ?We had some real fun with some of the product designs including the Porkpie hat and C-hopper shoe that you can wear on or off the course by just removing the spikes.?

?On-course style has always been an important element to my game,? said Edfors, who made his 2007 Masters debut wearing a gold shoe and played the 2007 PGA Championship wearing camouflage. ?It?s nice to have the opportunity for creative input on a special performance line that is functional and stylish for both pros and recreational golfers alike. I look forward to debuting the items at tournaments in April and July.?

The Special Edition Collection was displayed at February?s golf exhibition alongside the Spring Summer 2008 Golf in-line products. Both Wilson and Edfors provided creative input to the line, including highlights such as chrome details, higher-end Merino wool materials and personal color combinations and selections. Wilson?s selections included darker blues and blacks for a more casual, laid-back approach while Edfors selected brighter color palates with vibrant green and flouro pink for a more in-your-face color explosion. The Special Editions from Wilson and Edfors will also be complemented by a unique collection for the women?s golf line, including special silk and jersey polo shirt and knit top.

Volkswagen, a key partner for the collection?s launch event in Los Angeles, provided complimentary transportation for media, VIPs and special guests.

-Joey

#2 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

Forgot to add these smile.gif

-Joey

#3 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

i may have to get the sweater luke wilson is wearing; i like those cuts.
where's the design studio in new york?  i may have to randomly stop by in disguises and see if i can sneak in (a la UPS worker or food delivery guy).  hrm, may have to pick up some brown on brown clydes for the UPS outfit...  can UPS workers wear fat laces?

#4 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

can UPS workers wear fat laces?

Soooo RANDOM!!!! I love it smile.gif give me a call if you decide to go I'll be the Pizza boy... btw I was supposed to meet these 2 but since I have a busy schedule in Dubai, I didn't sad.gif Gotta give it to them, PUMA produced a really nice GOLF collection this season.

-Joey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users