23 replies to this topic

#1 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:20 AM

Seeing as a job title realistically says little about a job, a description is required!  Even if the title seems self-explanatory, your insight and thorough explanation would be appreciated.

I'm currently reassessing what i would like in a career.  I've been back and forth and am likely switching schools this Fall.  I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up which seems to be approaching fast.  I'm looking into a certain field and hoping I get accepted into the college.

I'm hoping to hear from a few who work actual careers, but you hourlies can chime in, too.  While you're add it, you should tell us what you're in school for and/or your career plans for the future.  You don't have to add what you currently make; we likely already know if you're ballin' or not.

casio, currently unemployed
(applying to Parson's, a division of The New School, New York, for Design and Technology; currently a semester shy of an Associates in Business Administration with a 3.5+ GPA w00t w00t)

#2 pumaking

pumaking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:42 AM

I currently work for the local government. Its a fun job that pays decent especially when I'm getting paid to post on this forum tongue.gif

Eventually when I get into the field it will some type of Microbiology, hopefully work for a Pharmaceutical Company.

On the side I run my own business usually to do with cars. I build engine management systems and engine harnesses, as well do Powder Coating. Powder Coating is my bread and butter as that usually pays $30/Hour.

#3 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

engine management like haltech and microtec, etc?

#4 pumaking

pumaking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:04 AM

I dont do deal with those in particular but same. If you've heard of Haltech and Microtec I'm sure you've heard of MegaSquirt. Those are what I build since you have to assemble them from scratch.

#5 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:22 AM

i've heard of megasquirt, but don't know anything about it.  haltech and microtec were the two biggest in the rotary community, that's why i know them.  i'm sure if you build engine harnesses you've heard of painless wiring.  i've been to their shop in fort worth, actually.

an interesting start.  what's everybody else doing??

#6 Reaa

Reaa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

I work at B. Whitman. Surprisingly a shoe store lol
We sell high end shoes...
Pretty boring and slow, but it pays well to sit on my bum all day.

#7 Daftforlife

Daftforlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

I sell coke.

#8 rufustelestrat

rufustelestrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:11 AM

I am an insurance agent.  I help people protect themselves from themselves and others.

#9 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:04 AM

I own a bmw stealership

#10 iheartpuma

iheartpuma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

i work for puma as a supervisor! not as much of a job as it is an addiction... my 2 year anniversary is in may!  tongue.gif

#11 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

i work for puma as a supervisor! not as much of a job as it is an addiction... my 2 year anniversary is in may!  tongue.gif

i considered applying.  i'd probably be one of the only employees who doesn't wear any shoes from the store, but owns the most pumas.  if they sold two pairs of clydes, i'd apply.  you'd think with a couple of stores in the most populated city in america they could manage to stock two pairs of clydes.  for chrissakes, i need to go down there and see if things have changed.  it's just always a wasted trip.

#12 chillie63

chillie63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

i considered applying.  i'd probably be one of the only employees who doesn't wear any shoes from the store, but owns the most pumas.  if they sold two pairs of clydes, i'd apply.  you'd think with a couple of stores in the most populated city in america they could manage to stock two pairs of clydes.  for chrissakes, i need to go down there and see if things have changed.  it's just always a wasted trip.

i remember when i visited the puma store in nyc last september, felt a bit let down by its lack of decent footwear...anyway, i work from home running my own online business selling trainers and clothing ( or sneakers n threads if ya american,lol ), really like what i do and can do what i want and when i want, and its growing month by month now.

#13 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

so you havent given us a hookup yet? or do you not sell pumas..

it def seems like a great idea, someplace like skiptomyshoe (by the way, I really like skiptomyshoe when they carry pumas)

#14 retroj

retroj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:23 AM

If your planning on going down to Broadway, DON'T, i was just there this past weekend and there's NOTHING!!!!

#15 nickthechibi

nickthechibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:15 AM

i scalp hypebeasts for nike sb dunks

#16 biggbird

biggbird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

hahaha nice nick. i'm at uni down here in tas, almost halfway through the first of 5 years. sigh.

but got a call today, hopefully getting a job at the local private hospital smile.gif fun, better pay than i'm currently getting (might actually start making some headway on my wanted list), and it will be great experience for me too!

#17 DaSilva

DaSilva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

highschool 10th grade xD

but hopfully ima be heading off the philly soon for radiology (thats if i can get into the college ) =]

#18 CamBooth

CamBooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

highschool 10th grade xD

but hopfully ima be heading off the philly soon for radiology (thats if i can get into the college ) =]

HA HA word me two! Sohpmores of 2011!! I am gunna take up fine arts and shoe/fashion design and hopefully get a job with puma :]]]]]

#19 g_moneymoney

g_moneymoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:47 AM

HA HA word me two! Sohpmores of 2011!! I am gunna take up fine arts and shoe/fashion design and hopefully get a job with puma :]]]]]

Dude im a sophmore too! are we all sophmores here or something? haha

#20 biggbird

biggbird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:16 AM

lol sorry to seem dense, but, coming from australia, i don't understand the american schooling system really. someone wanna explain it to me? lol i know that you guys call uni college, and that at college you're a freshman etc (actually get college bball here once in a while tongue.gif), but no idea about high school sorta stuff. just curious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users