• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ldv

ldv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

hey guys im new at this pumatalk thing, its an awsome thing you guys have going on. im a puma freak as all of you probably are. i actualy work for puma retail. i wanted to know what you guys think about my customs 917 and possibly get some feedback. its just a rough Draft on a dirty old pair, but i wanted to do it to some new ones. What do you think????

Attached File(s)

#2 pumaking

pumaking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

No

#3 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:02 AM

Plan it out better and find a marker or dye that will leave a cleaner finish, instead of that sharpie look

#4 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:39 AM

you may need to plan it out better.  i'm not sure what to use as a pre-outline, but using something may help you out.  i agree that the pen width should be thinner, but also some of your strokes look short as if they're uncertain or lacking confidence.  for the type of art you're doing, that's not a good thing.  you want long, prefect lines.  also, canvas will more likely bleed outward (imagine touching a sharpie to paper or a napkin).  i know there's some write-ups over at crookedtongues.com about designing shoes.  they also have plenty of links.  i myself do not know what sort of pen you would be best off using for canvas material.

kudos on trying it out, though.  

i was going to ask what "IIV" is, but, for whatever reason, your photo is mirrored.  in that case, what is VII?

#5 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:51 AM

I really like your effort and dig what you're trying to do. Cool idea & design, just needs neater, cleaner execution. You may have picked a difficult material to work with...Keep going though.

And welcome to PumaTalk!

#6 ldv

ldv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

I really like your effort and dig what you're trying to do. Cool idea & design, just needs neater, cleaner execution. You may have picked a difficult material to work with...Keep going though.

And welcome to PumaTalk!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do need to executed better ill work in it, and the material is a *****, you guys have a pretty cool comunity
.........and one more thing i though about doing the pinup girl on the shoe in pink. what do you think????

#7 ldv

ldv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:41 PM

you may need to plan it out better.  i'm not sure what to use as a pre-outline, but using something may help you out.  i agree that the pen width should be thinner, but also some of your strokes look short as if they're uncertain or lacking confidence.  for the type of art you're doing, that's not a good thing.  you want long, prefect lines.  also, canvas will more likely bleed outward (imagine touching a sharpie to paper or a napkin).  i know there's some write-ups over at crookedtongues.com about designing shoes.  they also have plenty of links.  i myself do not know what sort of pen you would be best off using for canvas material.

kudos on trying it out, though.  

i was going to ask what "IIV" is, but, for whatever reason, your photo is mirrored.  in that case, what is VII?

thanks for all the feedback im going to add some color and play around with it
thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ldv

ldv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

And welcome to PumaTalk!

thanks !!!  and i ll work on it let you guys how it goes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users