24 replies to this topic

#1 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:34 AM

First off, I hate apple with a passion and think itunes is the worst program ever made. Millions of people buy their songs from itunes which made me wonder...If people are downloading music from itunes then what is the bit rate? I found out it's only 128 kbps!!! Ipods don't have great sound quality and on top of that crappy ear buds which nobody ever upgrades from, so how the hell do these people live with them selves?! I guess people with ipods just go with the most popular without thinking...but come on, who the hell rips a cd to 128 kbps?!?! oh and I read that itunes now has 256kbps for 30 cents more which doesn't make any sense to me....

yea my little rant on I hate the world.

#2 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

winamp 4 lyfe?  i still need to get new headphones for my shuffle.  shizzz is fallin apart.  right here is blown, and the left ear, at full volume, is quiet, especially when riding the train.  i always have to have them on at full volume because both sides are dying.   laugh.gif and angry.gif  !!!$#!@

#3 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:53 AM

I actually love my iPod, but don't much care for iTunes either; I've only ever downloaded 3 or 4 songs from there (and it was only b/c I absolutely could not find them anywhere else). My main beef is the file format (m4p or whatever) and its lack of transferability, mainly to audio disc. Sure, iTunes tracks work great in my iPod, but I also still want to burn audio discs at times and it is a major pain to convert them to MP3 or other formats that allow that.

#4 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:08 AM

^Amen! When apple has you they try holding you with an iron grip!

#5 nickthechibi

nickthechibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

ITUNES LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS.

its impossible for me to do anything while i have my itunes open...

dont get me wrong i feel like **** without my ipod but itunes sucks : (

casio i used to use winamp too but now its betrayed me and no longer works : (((((((((

#6 slickkicker

slickkicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

I actually love my iPod, but don't much care for iTunes either; I've only ever downloaded 3 or 4 songs from there (and it was only b/c I absolutely could not find them anywhere else). My main beef is the file format (m4p or whatever) and its lack of transferability, mainly to audio disc. Sure, iTunes tracks work great in my iPod, but I also still want to burn audio discs at times and it is a major pain to convert them to MP3 or other formats that allow that.

m4p file type is garbage.  In preferences you can set it to where any song that you import into your iTunes is imported in mp3 format, that's how I have mine.  I download a song, import it into iTunes, iTunes then creates an mp3 file and stores it into the iTunes music folder, then I delete the original file.  When iTunes was first released I hated it, but it's all I use now, computer runs fine.  Just my preference.

#7 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:09 AM

Yeah as long as you set it to import as .mp3 only the songs you buy are messed up. And I'm ok with crappy quality cause half the time I'm talking to people or whatever while I'm listening to music...
I would have trouble without my iPod, I listen to it almost every day while walking, etc..

#8 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

Only reason why I like mp3 players is because I can have ALL my music at once, wish I could have everything in FLAC but there are no hard drives for mp3 players that could store it all. If I was a 1 cd kinda guy, I would be rockin a minidisc, amazing quality.

#9 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:27 AM

what size are FLAC files?  video ipods made it up to what, 80Gb?  120?  i lost count.  whether they'll play FLAC is another story, but the fact is they're portable and a large hard drive.  

i'm sure an mp3 (or whatever other music files) player could also be built around micro sandisks.  those things are ridiculously small.  the one i have in my phone is a 2gb, bit i believe they have them up to 10 or gigs.  they're literally about the size of a thumbnail.  if production was pushed, i'm sure the price would drop immensely.  i kind of like a non-removable hard drive, though.  given, 1 gig (shuffle) is a tad small, but i know they could replicate the shuffle's size and give it 10x the memory.

#10 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:38 AM

there are flash drive players out there, I think. Ah whats the lossless format again? I was reading about some music nut who only uses that and each song is like 100mb or something huge...

#11 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:45 AM

there are flash drive players out there, I think. Ah whats the lossless format again? I was reading about some music nut who only uses that and each song is like 100mb or something huge...

That is FLAC, a cd is usually 1gig +

Casio - they actually have I think 500 gig or 1 terabyte hard drive that is small enough to fit in an mp3 player but it's new technology and actually costs thousands of dollars...give it time tongue.gif

My fav mp3 player is the Iaudio X5 by Cowon. Has the best sound quality you can find, supports tons of file formats, computer like file system gui, and no software needed drag n drop. All those things is a MUST for me and suit me perfectly. Sadly this player is pretty damn old and Cowon isn't going to make another like it since the Korean market is in to small flash drive things and they also make expensive ass PMPs. Oh yea, the X5 has a joystick which I love because I need responsive feedback. Sadly everything is becoming a touch screen and I can't stand it.

#12 emeraldpuma

emeraldpuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

I have a 16gb I phone with a pair of SHURE ear buds that cost me over $300.00. Now i'm sure your not gonna go out and get a pair of $300.00  ear buds but trust me they are worth the big loot. They will blow your head off. They make Bose soud like sanyo.  SHURE, what the pros use.

#13 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

hah, i know of those shure headphones.  i always wondered what they were like.  i've heard those bose were good, but i generally am in a music-hating mood.  i still laugh at some crap on my shuffle.  it's garbage, i just like beats and sometimes enjoy lyrics accompanying it.

i feel you on the touch screen, ty, but at the same time, i want to like them.  my idea is a flexible touch screen.  a screen that bends like a button, so where the buttons are it's still screen, but the screen recedes in.  best of both worlds.  and you could program buttons where you want them.  it's actually so ingenious that i'm patting myself on the back right now.

i'm not surprised.  if they can make a micro sandisk 10 or 12gigs, then something like the ipod video is big enough for some major memory.  i love it, a hard drive the size of a fingernail.  i only wish i actually had info i needed to transport.

#14 nickthechibi

nickthechibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:29 AM

Sadly everything is becoming a touch screen and I can't stand it.

THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEONE THAT AGREES WITH ME

i hate the touch screen and it ****s over people with bigger fingers

#15 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

what mp3 software are people using now?  my version of itunes has what i believe are some bugs*.  i could update it, but i was going to see what else is out there.  as mentioned, i used to use winamp (5 years ago?); any thoughts on the newest software of theirs?  i haven't used it since it was a vertical layout with the dot matrix-style lettering.  their site has a pic with more of a itunes-style layout.  aside from windows media player, those are about the only music players i know of.  

any recommendations?

*used to, when i went to file > open with itunes, next time i went top file > open it would go directly to the last folder i opened from.  this version always goes to some weird, abstract folder.  very annoying since my music is in C>music>artists>then the artist folders.  oh, and i can't open more than 3 files at a time.  if i select more than 3, it just won't open any.  instead, i have to do file > add folder to library.  yea, it's bugged.

#16 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

I use winamp to play my music and use the modern skin. I don't need software for my mp3 player.

#17 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:49 AM

fortunately winamp is compatible with mp3 players anyways.  but yea, i was just looking for any software.  i may go ahead and download the new winamp.  kinda just want my classic one, though.

#18 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

^then just put it on the classic skin?

#19 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:01 AM

i'll try.  haven't even started downloading it.  usually skins just change the color-scheme, but the new winamp is a completely new program.  i haven't had winamp since before ipods it seems.  maybe the 1st gen ones were out.  maybe.

haha, i'm a douchebag.  i downloaded it and you have the option to choose "classic winamp."  ah, looks just like it did 5 years ago.  thanks ty.  but you still owe me a god-awful amount of money.  and a date you cheeky son of a bit?h.

#20 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:29 AM

got it to work!  also took my first ever screenshot.  i have never known how to do this.

NSFW -- http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3154/263781...62f157cb3_o.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users