32 replies to this topic

#21 slickkicker

slickkicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:10 AM

This movie is AMAZING!  Saw it in IMAX this past midnight and I was not disappointed one bit, and I'm going to see it again tomorrow night...then possibly a third time next week  laugh.gif

anyone else have the opportunity to check it out already?

#22 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:23 AM

it was very good!

not worth paying another 9 bucks though

#23 slickkicker

slickkicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:16 AM

9 bucks?   blink.gif   It's $10.50 here

#24 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:12 AM

just paid $12 here (IMAX is $15).  saw the dark knight, 11.30pm show time.  late showing and a long movie.  very cool, though.

#25 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:28 PM

I'll keep it short!

The movie sucked BIG TIME! I only went to see the JOKER! Besides the movie was total crap and no story at all, so many weak points, and Christian Bale as Batman, what a joke!  It was soo cheesy how his voiced changed when he was batman and when he was Bruce Wayne.

TOTAL CHEESE 5/10 stars!
-Joey

#26 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:35 AM

well, i guess he could have used his regular voice, but then everybody would've been like "bruce, bruce wayne is that you?"  so then he'd be like "unh, you guys, call me batman" in a pouty, child's voice.  i don't know, i never thought twice about the voice.  i was more curious whether or not it was christian bale as batman or someone else, but yea, it was him.  with a manly, growly voice.

though why is christian bale as batman a joke?  what about him isn't right?  besides, yea, you don't like the "batman" voice.

also, list some weak points.  i'm not one to give it a 10/10 or 5 stars, but your review is by far the worst (worst-rated), and possibly the most vague, that i've read or heard so far.

#27 nickthechibi

nickthechibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:29 AM

IT WAS GREAT. I CAN'T SEE HOW YOU THOUGHT IT WAS BAD : (

THE JOKER WAS VERY FUNNY. DID ANYONE CATCH THE SCARECROW REFERENCE AT THE BEGINING?

SORRY FOR THE LATE POST.

#28 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:32 AM

The movie was way too long for me! I liked it a lot though. Jeoy are you not a batman fan or something? Bat vs joker goes on forever.

#29 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

The movie was way too long for me!

Man - the movie was wayyyy to freaking long! Moreover, just the idea of a grown man running around the City fighting crime in a batsuit is sooo silly! Here's what I mean;

-Joey

#30 slickkicker

slickkicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

The "batman" voice bugged me the first time I saw it, but it just has to be understood that he doesn't want peeps knowing he's bruce wayne.  The movie flew by for me, guess I was just that into it.

#31 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:30 AM

Moreover, just the idea of a grown man running around the City fighting crime in a batsuit is sooo silly!

yea, but, come on.  that's what Batman is.  that's how it's been for almost a century.  i'm sure you knew the premise going in.  also, i like the idea of a realistic movie with absolutely ridiculous, albeit realistic, characters.  in the case of the Batman story, the her (Batman) and the various villains (Joker, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, The Penguin).  i mean, it's not realistic, yet the movie is portrayed in a realistic sense.  moreso, i don't think movies need to be realistic in every way.  take Akira for example.  the biker gang The Clowns.  i mean, what is that?  biker gangs with clown makeup?  not realistic, but portrayed in a realistic sense.  they created a subculture which is what happens in Batman.  the subculture being a hero versus villains who all obey, more or less, the physical realm as we know it, but play characters that themselves are not generally accepted as being realistic.  but if you can't accept a created-for-entertainment subculture, than no, you can't really enjoy the movie.  but at the same time, i don't buy into all of the James Bond or Ocean's 11 characters either, yet i love spy/secret agent movies as well as heist movies.

#32 Matias

Matias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

I liked it, joker was cool. The only part that bugged me was the cellphone sonar that he developed in like 2 hours? also, kind of dumb.

It isn't super amazing, but definitely good compared to other comic movies.

#33 biggbird

biggbird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

yea, but, come on.  that's what Batman is.  that's how it's been for almost a century.  i'm sure you knew the premise going in.  also, i like the idea of a realistic movie with absolutely ridiculous, albeit realistic, characters.  in the case of the Batman story, the her (Batman) and the various villains (Joker, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, The Penguin).  i mean, it's not realistic, yet the movie is portrayed in a realistic sense.  moreso, i don't think movies need to be realistic in every way.  take Akira for example.  the biker gang The Clowns.  i mean, what is that?  biker gangs with clown makeup?  not realistic, but portrayed in a realistic sense. they created a subculture which is what happens in Batman.  the subculture being a hero versus villains who all obey, more or less, the physical realm as we know it, but play characters that themselves are not generally accepted as being realistic.  but if you can't accept a created-for-entertainment subculture, than no, you can't really enjoy the movie.  but at the same time, i don't buy into all of the James Bond or Ocean's 11 characters either, yet i love spy/secret agent movies as well as heist movies.

haha yeah, but what about akira, or anime in general really, is ever realistic? i mean the guy gets his bike blown up by some old looking little kid, then starts squishing people with his mind, goes on a power trip and becomes a random baby looking blob? haha but you are right, in that its totally unrealistic stuff, but done in at least a vaguely realistic manner tongue.gif. and i agree, same with the dark knight, its at least done in a way that makes it seem somewhat plausible. it just went too long for my liking, seemed like it was gonna finish a couple of times, but just ended up going for another hour or so lol.

sorry to bring this old topic back up, just felt the urge to comment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users