10 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

First signs of the Puma take-over are making its way into the collection. High end Italian footwear maker Sergio Rossi designed a capsule collection for Puma for Spring/Summer 2009.

The designer worked on the classic Clyde, gave it a slightly more sleek silhouette and a satin upper. Furthermore they will also be introducing high heels as part of this collaboration. An interesting mix of a classic sneaker and a high heel is the turn-out, definitely something new. Now we have to see whether these new styles will be excepted by Sergio Rossi and Puma fans around the globe. We say, it will not be everybody?s cup of tea.

^taken from highsnobiety.com

#2 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:40 AM

i like it except the toe is too big for my taste.  i can't tell if the eyelets are metal, but i actually think they're sewn.  if they're sewn, i'll accept it for this release.  i give em thumbs up.  the price?  likely a thumbs down.  i think, if anything, i'm really just diggin the color.

#3 pumaking

pumaking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

sad.gif sigh another designer that I have to purchase from.

So far I need Phillipe Starck, Neil Barrett.

#4 nickthechibi

nickthechibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

wheres the ill lace throwdown on these joints!?

#5 Bootbox

Bootbox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:17 AM

more feminine hipster bull****

SWEET!  rolleyes.gif

#6 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:11 AM

more feminine hipster bull****

SWEET!  rolleyes.gif

whoa whoa whoa.  it's a clyde with, what appear to be, stitched laceholes, a different outer material, and a stitched formstrip.  maybe even a different lace.  it isn't exactly a huge makeover.  how is that hipster?  or better yet, feminine?  because of the designer?  i mean, in all fairness, someone designs every other shoe, this designer just happens to be more well-known (though not by me).  so what exactly makes it feminine or hipster?

i like it.  subtle and neat.  i only have two worries: the laceholes being metal eyelets instead of stitching and how quickly my jeans will be leaving blue stains on them.  other than that, i'm looking forward to them.

#7 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

casio answer your IM's ya pooper

those aint bad, I wouldn't rock em (silver??)

but not feminine hipster **** at all

#8 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

casio make sure your inbox isnt full

#9 Bootbox

Bootbox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:40 AM

To each his own I guess but designer and satin upper = feminine to me.

Although come to think of it they would look great with some unwashed $200 jeans!  wub.gif

#10 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

To each his own I guess but designer and satin upper = feminine to me.

Although come to think of it they would look great with some unwashed $200 jeans!  wub.gif

i still don't get the deal with saying "designer."  i get that it's ironic form a designer to do a clyde, and i understand that most clyde wearers aren't into "designer wear" (except our nice jeans!), but the designer aspect doesn't bother me in the least because i think they did a proper job in not over-doing it (look at some of the other limited/special edition releases which feel like they have to go too far).

yea, i forgot about the satin upper and i'll give you that one.  zhit.  checkmate.  the satin is the one big worry i had when i first read this; i'd just forgot about it when writing my last post.  and, because of this, i will make sure to see these in person and hopefully take accurate pictures of them (ie capturing a good representation of the material), especially if the material isn't as bad as it sounds.  and if it is, i will own up to defending the shoe and tell you just how right you were. wink.gif  hopefully, though, it's a nice release.  at least it photographs well!

also, because sarcasm is hard as hell to pick up sometimes, was your $200 jeans comment sarcastic or no?  because, damnit, i love my raw, unwashed jeans. smile.gif

#11 replicant

replicant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

The result of the collab:

(Pictures taken from sneakernews.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users