- - - - -

In your opinon what is the rarest Ruma out there?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 CamBooth

CamBooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

What would you say would be the rarest pumas ever made? To me it is the Puma Loakes Clyde i love the way this shoe was made and looks( I would kill for these shoes) Only 100 pairs were made and that was back in 2007 so i will probably never get to see this shoe in real life.sad.gif

[attachment=260:Loakes.jpg]

#2 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

What about those personalized, one-off Clydes that were designed and hand painted specifically for only certain sneaker shop owners like Hikmet at Solebox?? Gotta think that a 1-of-a-kind Clyde is about rare as it gets biggrin.gif.

http://www.pumatalk.com/forum/index.php?showto...1&hl=hikmet

By the same token, I would say that any of the Rob L custom Clydes that he did for commission or special request are about as damn rare (and awesome!) as you can get...

http://www.rob-l.com/galleryStore.php

#3 g_moneymoney

g_moneymoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

But not including customs, probably the either the grey spys (less than 50 pairs made), any no mas first rounds (48 of each colorway), the green yo mtv promo clydes (50 pairs made), the black friends and family alife first round (only 12 pairs I think. Uber rare!!), and more recently the gold foil undefeated suede mids (only 72 pairs made). Hope that helps. wink.gif

#4 CamBooth

CamBooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

What about those personalized, one-off Clydes that were designed and hand painted specifically for only certain sneaker shop owners like Hikmet at Solebox?? Gotta think that a 1-of-a-kind Clyde is about rare as it gets biggrin.gif.

Hmm i guess u could say the one-off clydes were the rarest but they are custom. kinda the same with rob L but they are pretty rare. But what "production" shoe is the rarest not custom sorry.

#5 pumaking

pumaking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

But not including customs, probably the either the grey spys (less than 50 pairs made), any no mas first rounds (48 of each colorway), the green yo mtv promo clydes (50 pairs made), the black friends and family alife first round (only 12 pairs I think. Uber rare!!), and more recently the gold foil undefeated suede mids (only 72 pairs made). Hope that helps. wink.gif

The Grey Spy vs Spy were 30 pairs made. 10 of which were available to the public and the rest Friends and Family.

#6 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

I'd say the rarest are like 80's yugo suedes or something like that. Even if they were a GR, finding them now is next to impossible. You can always find someone who owns the limited edition stuff like the Grey Spy's, but stuff like this, I can only think of one or two people who have anything like them (and in different c/w's no less)

#7 chillie63

chillie63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

pretty damn hard to know what the rarest puma out there is but i just bagged a pair of these with a little help from Vitamin G, thanks again mate.
linky

#8 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

oh  hey, fu*k you

#9 CamBooth

CamBooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

pretty damn hard to know what the rarest puma out there is but i just bagged a pair of these with a little help from Vitamin G, thanks again mate.
linky

I know rubbin it in a little too much damn that **** hurt.

#10 pumaking

pumaking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

linky

A little over a half a year ago my loca Marshalls had a bunch of those in different colors too.

#11 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:41 AM

A little over a half a year ago my loca Marshalls had a bunch of those in different colors too.

maybe similar pumaking- but those are early 90's XS850's? (somethin like that, correct me chillie)
****ing awesome, especially with the Solebox ones comin out soon

#12 chillie63

chillie63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

check the link again guys

puma xs850

1 of 12 from 2005, but yeah the shoe was originally from 1992.

#13 chillie63

chillie63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

What would you say would be the rarest pumas ever made? To me it is the Puma Loakes Clyde i love the way this shoe was made and looks( I would kill for these shoes) Only 100 pairs were made and that was back in 2007 so i will probably never get to see this shoe in real life.sad.gif

Loakes.jpg

oki ni were selling the loakes off not so long ago for like ?50 a pair or something, there may have been only a 100 of them but to tell the truth i dont think anyone really wanted them and thats why they were selling them cheap....its not often you see a shoe limited to a 100 pairs being sold for less than half price.

#14 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:23 AM

check the link again guys

puma xs850

1 of 12 from 2005, but yeah the shoe was originally from 1992.

oh haha I didn't see the link...

well damn, 1/12

were those the ones vitamin had or did he just have an OG pair that was similarly awesome

#15 CamBooth

CamBooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

oki ni were selling the loakes off not so long ago for like ?50 a pair or something, there may have been only a 100 of them but to tell the truth i dont think anyone really wanted them and thats why they were selling them cheap....its not often you see a shoe limited to a 100 pairs being sold for less than half price.

ARE YOU FUKIN KIDDIN ME I AM SO PISSED OF RIGHT NOW I BEEN LOOKIN FOR THAT SHOE 4EVER AND
NOW THEY DONT HAVE ANY MORE OF THEM  mad.gif AND FOR HALF THE PRICE!!!!

#16 pumaking

pumaking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

Its not that nobody wanted them, it was that all the good sizes were sold out. The sizes that were left were like Superpavel size or Small Feet sizes.

#17 eric

eric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

oh haha I didn't see the link...

well damn, 1/12

were those the ones vitamin had or did he just have an OG pair that was similarly awesome

yeah, 1 of 12 reissued late 2004:

i got 2 of the 12 a couple of weeks ago (one for me, one for chillie).

this is the OG incidentally from 1992  (yeah, i have them too.  what can i say, i'm a sucker for the xs850 shape)

& @ chillie.  you're quite welcome, bro. smile.gif  thanks for those NB 850s as well.  all in all, it's been a good week for 850s of all shapes and sizes!

#18 eric

eric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

someone mentioned robLs on the previous page.  here are a few of my faves of rob's work.  

(okay, these last ones aren't really all that rare, though they are size 10 promo samples, which makes 'em a bit rare i guess)

#19 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

you're such a motherfvcker vitamin

when you gonna do that crate???

#20 eric

eric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:42 AM

you're such a motherfvcker vitamin

when you gonna do that crate???

ah, feel the love....

....one of these days, i suppose.  just haven't gotten around to it.  that much lacing is a daunting prospect.... wacko.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users