• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ediblestrange

ediblestrange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

Awhile back I decided to purchase these on ebay, thinking that it was quite a deal to find a brand new pair of Suedes for only $40.  Only afterward did I begin to wonder if they were in fact legitimate Pumas, realizing that previously I'd never heard of a Suede specifically for women.  Research didn't yield any results so I asked the seller to verify that they were authentic, as guaranteed in the listing.  I noticed they were missing the official Puma logo on the tongue area and inquired about that too.  The seller replied that they were "one of the oldest models" and that he had a contract with Puma, so there was no way they could be fakes.  Not long after that I received notice that the pair was actually "mixed" (he only had a size 9 and a size 10) and that I'd be getting my refund shortly.

What do you think... real, or fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

P.S.
I posted this anyway because I'd like to know for future reference if there are actually Puma Suedes just for women.

#2 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:38 AM

Welcome to PumaTalk!

Hmmm... that's an interesting one, made harder by the lack of pictures. It's hard to tell from that one photo, but here are a few thoughts that you may find helpful:

- the sockliner is black, when most often on those models of Suedes, it's white.
- the gold foil logo looks a little off to me, and it is not parallel to lace holes (though there are some years I believe where this is the case).
- these are definitely not and old or vintage model Suede. At most they are from 2-3 years ago. Older Suede have a completely different shape to the shoe and stripe; there are many connoisseurs of OG Suedes on here that can attest to that and give more details.
- it looks like these current Suedes, really, except for the liner:
http://www.zappos.com/puma-the-suede-black-white

- the seller could check the inside tag for the art and style # and it will tell you what year they were made.
- the missing tongue tag is a little weird. I've never ever seen that on any model or style of Puma. Sometimes they have a different color or design on the tag, but it's never missing.
- these a definitely not some "women's model"; Suedes are generally unisex. In terms of Suedes for women, the only thing I've ever seen is certain (female-oriented) colorways produced in smaller sizes.

That said, I suppose they could be samples or something. The seller should always be able to provide additional pictures upon request too, so that you can better assess overall shoe quality. But overall, if they seem dodgy, it's better to stay away, cheap or not. Look around and you should be able to find those Suedes all over the place right now.

Hope that's useful.

#3 ediblestrange

ediblestrange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:31 AM

The art number is 34374903 and the only ones that showed up on Google were a lot different, they actually say "women's" on the box so based on what I suspected and you confirmed, these shoes are pretty much trashwater.  Glad I'm getting a refund!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users