• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Calboytex

Calboytex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a fix for the ruber sole on my Puma Argentinas, They were white, but sadly the paint is cracking/fading. I think I want to just re-dye the whole shoe, but first I wannna do the sole. Any tips?

Attached File  photo(6).jpg (107.16K)
Number of downloads: 9

#2 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a fix for the rubber sole on my Puma Argentinas, They were white, but sadly the paint is cracking/fading. I think I want to just re-dye the whole shoe, but first I wanna do the sole. Any tips?

Attachment photo(6).jpg

Well, I've dyed a couple of different pairs of Pumas (Suedes, and GVs, which are somewhat similar to Argentinas in terms of the sole) and the rubber portions of the shoe rarely takes the dye. The leather and suede and cotton stitching can soak up the dye but I haven't found that the soles really do. Could be hard to color them that way.

#3 Calboytex

Calboytex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

Well, I've dyed a couple of different pairs of Pumas (Suedes, and GVs, which are somewhat similar to Argentinas in terms of the sole) and the rubber portions of the shoe rarely takes the dye. The leather and suede and cotton stitching can soak up the dye but I haven't found that the soles really do. Could be hard to color them that way.

Sounds ghetto.. but do you think I can spray paint them? Or should I just count my loss and have an excuse to buy another pair of Pumas?

#4 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:08 AM

Sounds ghetto.. but do you think I can spray paint them? Or should I just count my loss and have an excuse to buy another pair of Pumas?

Personally, I wouldn't spray paint them. I don't like the look of that, you're right, it woould look cheap. I guess you could try taping off the shoe so only the sole portion get sprayed, but seems like a lot of work and potential for dripping onto the rest of the shoe.

Just embrace them - a well worn, well-loved pair of Pumas is something to be proud of :) Expand your collection, grab another pair when you find something you like. My 2c.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users