#1 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

Posted Image

Yes, that's right! It's not a joke! The PUMA Phone will be launched in the 2nd quarter of 2010 for almost 400Euros! Check the video below. My opinion, this is a failure. The phone is too slow, its a first gen, and a brand phone and will never pick up the hype because the niche is weak, and uninterested in being a controlled by the corporate world.

Specs Sheet: http://www.pumaphone..._TECH_SHEET.pdf

#2 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

I saw that a Puma phone was being released a little while back and wasn't sure what to think. But once it was unveiled at some trade shows last couple months, I really started to dig it! I think it looks great, and of course, it's totally branded, with the look and feel of Puma. But a feature like the solar charger is great - you would always have a chargeable device in your pocket. They claim that 1 hour in the sun will get you power for 15 minutes of talk time and 35 text messages. Video conferencing capability is great. And the turntable feature that lets you 'scratch' your MP3s is neat LOL.

In my opinion, I don't think they are trying to compete directly with smart phones out there like the iPhone or Blackberry, as this is clearly geared to the sports-lifestyle market, a space Puma knows well. This is evidenced by all the sporty features on the phone - pedometer, bike/run tracking, compass, etc.

I'd love to get my hands on one, but I'm a Puma junkie and also love gadgets, so that's no shock :D :P

#3 rufustelestrat

rufustelestrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

I saw that a Puma phone was being released a little while back and wasn't sure what to think. But once it was unveiled at some trade shows last couple months, I really started to dig it! I think it looks great, and of course, it's totally branded, with the look and feel of Puma. But a feature like the solar charger is great - you would always have a chargeable device in your pocket. They claim that 1 hour in the sun will get you power for 15 minutes of talk time and 35 text messages. Video conferencing capability is great. And the turntable feature that lets you 'scratch' your MP3s is neat LOL.

In my opinion, I don't think they are trying to compete directly with smart phones out there like the iPhone or Blackberry, as this is clearly geared to the sports-lifestyle market, a space Puma knows well. This is evidenced by all the sporty features on the phone - pedometer, bike/run tracking, compass, etc.

I'd love to get my hands on one, but I'm a Puma junkie and also love gadgets, so that's no shock :D :P
It still cannot beat the I phone or the Droid.   Sweet Idea but pricey to be sure.

#4 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

A more detailed review of the Puma phone. Apparently slated for release in North America in the first half of 2011; it's just about to be launched in the UK on the Orange and Vodafone networks.

http://www.slashgear...r-2011-0880810/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users