• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 poolt

poolt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

So guys, I just bought some more sneakers, 2 of them Puma, now I have 12 Pumas, yay for me!
Ok, backing to the topic. How do you clean yours sneakers? Do you have any kind of trick to share? Ideas that could be amazing? Kind of products? When/Where?

Me first:
Myself, I clean all my sneakers once in a semester, at home laundry or in the bath for urgencies, and take the dirtiest ones to a specialized laundry for a deep clean, some repairs and leather/suede renew. In home I don't use many products, since most part of them are a bit pricey, and I learned that warm water, WARM not HOT, is a must-have and to never put them on the sun, that's makes them yellowish. Here's is a list of what I use:
- Coconut Soap
- Waterproofing Oil for Leather/Suede
- Chlorine-free Bleach
- 3 different brushes:
    - a large and strong for the outsole
    - a small and very soft one for the all other parts
    - a toothbrush for the details
- Absorbing paper and cloth.

So guys and you?

#2 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

Sounds like you have a pretty intense Puma (and sneaker) cleaning program LOL! :P

Specifically for suede sneakers - I use a suede brush to gently work out smudges and dirt.

For leather, I've found that a little dish soap (Sunlight, etc - it's gentle enough) and a warm damp cloth will do the job for most stains.

To clean the soles, I will sometimes use a stiffer brush and/or a cleaner like Fantastic or Mr Clean magic eraser, but again, warm water and soap takes care of most issues. And for tougher spot like seams I also use a dry (old) toothbrush to loosen up dirt.

Have never tried throwing sneakers in the laundry/washing machine - it makes me nervous, even if they are in a bag, etc. Anyone have experience with this...??

#3 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:30 AM

And I should mention that I've heard a lot of good things about the Jason Markk sneaker cleaning product and am very tempted to try it. From some of the testimonials and before-and-after photos on the site, it sure looks effective.

http://www.jasonmarkk.com/home.html

#4 mr84

mr84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

I wash Them.. clean them with detergent and final touch i wash the sole with ToothPaste.. whitening toothpaste
Yeah,, toothpaste.. it will make the sole shining like diamond.. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users