3 replies to this topic

#1 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:54 AM

With the 2010 World Cup upon us, I wondered which countries people were supporting - so vote in the poll for which national side you think will win the Cup.

A couple other questions to ponder:

* Which team do you think is an underdog or sleeper pick?
* Which teams are overrated and due to flop?
* Will an African team make the quarter-finals?
* What player(s) are you keen to see play?

And any other WC 2010 discussion...

#2 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:03 AM

I'll start it off by saying that I think Serbia is a team that will surprise and I'm tipping them to make the final 8 and maybe shock some teams on the way. Tough as nails defence, well organized and they play as a team.

It feels to me like France will flame out and it would not shock me to see them fail to get out of their group. They have been terrible in qualifying and warm-up matches and I have never gotten the feeling that Domenech really knows what he's doing. Italy is overrated and older than last WC and due for a fall.

I was tipping Ivory Coast to finish second in their group and maybe go further, but Drobga breaking his arm will really mute his effectiveness, if he even plays. His robust style will be stifled by wearing a cast. And Ghana is not the same without Essien. I think Cameroon will either totally flop or pull an upset if Eto'o gets hot and unifies that team.

I really want to watch the attacking talent of the Dutch team, and who doesn't want to see all the stars of Argentina play?? That said, Maradona as a manager is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Oh, I CAN'T wait, the World Cup is gonna be awesome!! Anyone else's thoughts??...

#3 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

Just wanted to note that 2 Puma-sponsored sides are facing off in today's quarterfinal matches - Uruguay and Ghana ;)

[BTW Puma had 7 teams in the WC: Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Italy, Ivory Coast, Switzerland, Uruguay]

#4 g_moneymoney

g_moneymoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:37 AM

I felt bad for ghana. They dominated most of the game in my opinion. For some reason I think Netherlands will win it all. Either that or Spain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users