18 replies to this topic

#1 melinia

melinia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:07 AM

[align=center:58de6fa136]Posted Image[/align:58de6fa136]Puma, Vexed and Biomega teamed up to create this highly functional, yet totally minimal bike. I had the chance to try it out last week and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the looks would exceed the comfort and function. As it turns out, they're evenly matched. This team has managed to create an urban apartment friendly, folding bike that rides like it has a regular single piece frame. With one gear, oversized tires and upright handlebars, it's perfect for conquering city streets.

The Puma Bike will be produced in limited quantities, is available in black or silver and has been available since May 2005. It will only be available at Puma stores and will retail for $775.[align=center:58de6fa136]Posted Image[/align:58de6fa136]

M.

#2 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:21 AM

This is such a kick ass bike, even Madonna rides one of the Puma cycle in the streets of London :)

[align=center:9ff0e95927]Posted Image
Posted Image[/align:9ff0e95927]

Joey Dee Posted Image

#3 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

I found something I thought you all would enjoy :)

Flippies customer "Flip Book" made a flip book of the Puma Cycle.  Click the link here to view "The Puma Bike" flip book.

[align=center:33f50c0499][flash width=520 height=350:33f50c0499][/flash:33f50c0499] [/align:33f50c0499][align=center:33f50c0499]http://www.flippies.com/gallery.htm  [/align:33f50c0499]

Joey Dee Posted Image

#4 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:44 AM

No way !!! :shock: That is very cool - to see Puma branch out a little from the usual clothes and accessories and sports gear.

#5 PUMA!TALK

PUMA!TALK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:22 AM

Here's a fine example of how PUMA is sooo laid back repping Lifestyle to the fullest while "tuff guy" aka Neil Armstrong is all serious in his cycling with that futuristic helmet!!! You can even see the guy on the PUMA cycle just clowning this dude riding by hahah too funny!!!!

I bet the PUMA dude is saying "WHOA!!!! - relax buddy - take a deep breath before you sufficate dude"

[align=center:7c3f2551ee]Posted Image
Click to Enlarge Image[/align:7c3f2551ee]

Joey Dee Posted Image

#6 baysiccdesigns

baysiccdesigns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:33 AM

lol  the bike is a smart design tho

#7 THWP

THWP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:40 AM

yeah I've always wanted one of these.

#8 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:52 AM

The third part of Puma bike series manufactured by Biomega will release this spring features the Puma Glow Rider, with form and function really personified. Available in two colourways, one butter milk come green and the other a deep orange which turns a golden orange tone these bikes feature a paint which absorbs the sun rays during the day so when the sun goes down it produces a magnificent glowing effect. This unique frame is single geared and also features a quick, easy and smart semi-folding mechanism which really was a huge part of the designs by Be Bikes in Japan and making traveling very convenient this is a great feature. This bike is also equipped with all the optimum additions you could ask for like Twin-disc breaks, off road tyres, head and back lights and an integrated wire lock system which means If stolen and rode without the wire, the loyal bike will auto-destruct. Finally the Puma Glow Bike is capped off with a matching courier bag, a wind and water resistant jacket as well as a tee.

This production between Biomega and Puma possesses a new dimension to biking for city dwellers with the unique design for night visibility and its unique frame design. The Puma Glow Bike will be available starting April 2008 at select PUMA retail stores across the globe.

*pics and ifo taken from crookedtongues.cm

#9 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:22 AM

^damn that yellow glow is dope! $700 is a little steep imo, I think $450 would be a good price, esp since it's directed towards city people.

#10 Naister

Naister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:33 AM

700 bucks is a lot to pay for a bike

those are sweet though.. glow in the dark is a kick ass idea

#11 Daftforlife

Daftforlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:11 AM

What! Thats cheap! The 2 bikes that were in the puma concept store in Austin were 1400 and then 1200 for a display one.

#12 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:25 AM

I love these Puma bikes and the new colors are sick!! They had one of the older version (black) at the Puma store in Vancouver back when I visited in October - I would have snagged it, but like Daft's store ^^ it cost $1400 LOL.

#13 emeraldpuma

emeraldpuma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:06 AM

What the ? Are you kidding me ? Not only am I a Pumahead but I am a cyclehead as well, I own a few bikes, most of them I have about a grand in (each). Those are gross, even as a cruiser they look like crap. Why dont they make a baseball glove instead. That I would like to see.

#14 Trexo

Trexo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:12 AM

The expensive version you guys are thinking of isn't the fold up one.

$700 is a lot for a cruiser bike, all your paying for is the puma name.

#15 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:11 AM

$700 is a lot for a cruiser bike, all your paying for is the puma name.

Yeah, be that as it may, but just think how cool it would be to tell ppl it's a Puma bike when they ask...biggrin.gif

#16 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:46 AM

thought this was pretty cool :
http://www.puma.com/icycle/

#17 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

yes, but does it do wheelies?  

i've seen enough street vendors to know that thing would have to be priced right in order to sell.  hell, it should be free with puma logos that big on it.  free puma advertising around new york?  yupp.

#18 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:40 AM

Very cool!!! Nice find!
I watched all the short films & they were good! Bicycles as a mode of urban transportation are underrated and those are some neat stories of neat people.

#19 casio

casio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

the glow-in-the-dark bike is $1600.  i guess gone are the days of the sub-$1000 ones.  i like the black one, too.  tis a shame, i could use a decent fold-up bike.  bmx's don't cut it for city cruising.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users